Bay-Friendly | Eco-Friendly Landscaping Alternatives Lead to Cost Savings
In this video, ValleyCrest Landscape Maintenance partnered with Electronic Arts in Redwood Shores to implement the following GREEN landscaping solutions:
- Irrigation Retrofits
- Sustainable Plant Replacement
- Herb/Vegetable Garden Conversion and Creation
- EA realized the following benefits and cost savings:
- Total annual savings of 1,102,552 gallons of water
- Reduction of 9,450 pounds of green waste per year
- Production of 416 pounds of edible vegetables and herbs per year
If you go GREEN, you can expect your organic waste generated from landscaping to drop an average of 5% per year; gas costs based on sustainable tree pruning techniques to drop 2.5% per year on average and water consumption per square foot to go down an average of 9% a year. Depending on how aggressively you pursue green landscaping recommendations, you could enjoy even more resource savings.
- Plant landscapes suitable to the micro climate or native to the area for greater sustainability
- Replace turf and energy-intensive plant materials with San Francisco Bay-Friendly and sustainable plant palettes
- Plant chef and employee organic gardens on site
Have you integrated a sustainable landscaping solution in your facility or property? Share with us any other methods we may have not covered.
Nada Duda, Sr. Vice-President
ValleyCrest Landscaping Management